View Single Post
Old
10-31-2003, 10:04 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
We have 4 games this week, how many does teemu play and how many does kariya play, i am guessing teemu is back tommorow and kariya vs. NYR?
thoughts?
Teemu has to play more hard-nosed hockey. He can't be a perimeter player. Kariya has looked great in his limited time as an Av.

The one on this line who concerns me the most is Sakic. I tried to just shake it off as just a slump or jitters, but there is something definitely wrong with our captain. He's either hurt and not telling anyone about it or his age is showing in a big way. I'm more inclined to believe the former notion. He's slow to the puck, whiffing on shots, and worst of all, he's been useless defensively. He took two holding calls against the Flames because he just couldn't keep up. I'm as big a fan of #19 as anyone, but I can't believe what I'm seeing out there. He was hanging on for dear life as Conroy (at least I think it was Conroy) sauntered around the net and put a perfect centering feed out to Iginla, who nearly scored.

This line was supposed to be the best in hockey. Right now it's the most disappointing. I hope with a fully rested Paul and Teemu back we'll start seeing them play like they did in the preseason.