View Single Post
Old
11-17-2011, 08:48 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
I just have a few questions if you guys can help me out.

I was basically born into the Rejean Houle era. While I was young, I literally watched every game. Like many I think the Rejean Houle era was the worst, and things turned around for us when Andre Savard was hired, and later Bob Gainey.

I remember Houle trading Turgeon for basically Corson, I thought we could have gotten a lot more.

Damphousse being traded for a 1st,2nd and 5th round, which I guess isn't that bad, because I thought it was horrible when it happened.

Then there was Recchi who was traded for Zubrus, a former first round 6-5 Centre, and a 2nd, and 6th round pick.

As for prospects, throughout the whole era, the only guy I remember was Jason Ward, who was leading the AHL in scoring or something, but he was nothing in the NHL.

Now that I look at our rosters, and prospect, to me we are under better management and better prospect. But one can argue that since we are always in the 6-7-8 range when it comes to making the play-offs, its literally the same thing.

To me, are Habs now compared to the Habs during the Houle are, are completely different, better prospect pool, a lot better drafting in general, and its getting better with pieces we didn't have before, like Patches, Subban, and Price.

My question is was there the same hope of a better future, I guess with guys like Thibault, Ward, and whoever else.

Thanks, any insight would be great.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote