Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Habs call-up Frederic St-Denis
View Single Post
Old
11-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Grant McCagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
only problem i see is ,there's no Ray Bourque on the Habs d today .
The Bruins as good as that set of d played ,couldn't touch silver mug as Bruins.
Who was the last team to ice a small d core 6 ft and under and win a cup?

Cup winners

Bruins 2011
Johnny Boychuk, Zdeno Chara, Andrew Ference, Shane Hnidy, Tomas Kaberle, , Adam McQuaid, Dennis Seidenberg

Hawks 2010
Dustin Byfuglien, Brian Campbell,Brent Sopel, Boynton,Brent Seabrook

Pens 2009
Sergei Gonchar,Brooks Orpik,Kris Letang,Hal Gill,Philippe Boucher
Sorry - didn't realize the topic was: "with four regulars out is the Habs defence good enough to win the Cup.

You seem to be missing the entire point of my post...buddy said "smallest group of dmen ever"...I thought for about 3 seconds before thinking of a group of dmen smaller than the one buddy claims is the smallest in history. It was a pretty damn good defence corps that took Boston to the league finals BTW

Yes you are right that the group I listed had Ray Bourque on it, and yes he'\s better than all of our dmen, who all happen to be taller than him - did you notice his height? Shorter than every defenceman on last night's Hab squad. If that is not proof that height is a lot more irrelevant than many of you think, I don't know what is....

Who got sat the other night? 6-8 dman Tyler Myers...imagine! If that had happened in Montreal there would have been riots.

This obsession with height around here is frankly a joke.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote