View Single Post
Old
11-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Oh no... This almost brings tears to my eyes.

Everyone keeps saying how much of a class act Jean Béliveau is (rightfully so), but so was Eddy. I started watching hockey and the Habs when I was about 5, in the mid 70s. For me he's as much a part of that team as any player. Around that time, my dad often got tickets to see some games at the old Forum and after everyone of them, we went to the door where the players came out to get autographs. I was as happy to get his as I was to get one from Lafleur, Tremblay, Shutt or Dryden.

The last time I saw him was during the celebration for the 100th, when he threw buckets of pucks on the ice before the alumni warmup (what a moment!). I couldn't believe how much he aged. I thought "not a problem, this is a guy that's gonna reach 100 years old". Saddly I was wrong.

RIP Eddy.

Snif....
Pretty much my recollections of Eddy. I remember getting his autograph outside the Forum during the Canada Cup series. His presence at the Centennial game was a beautiful gesture.

Great piece written by Dave Stubbs when Palchak retired in 2000: http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...f-eddy-palchak

Godspeed.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote