View Single Post
Old
11-17-2011, 10:57 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It is like MMA, some fans will call a fight between two BJJ artists boring because they wil be on the floor during the whole fight. They cannot appreciate the spectacle as much. I have no problem in watching a defensive game. Bad and boring games can happen, like in Pittsburgh and CGY, but overall, I am entertained.
I agree with this, many fans don't like GSP for his inability to finish fighters and deem his fights boring.

I can appreciate the fact that he can dominate other fighters, with whatever style he needs to be successful, whether it's his stand up, or gnp or whatever. Something needs to be said for a fighter who can dominate other elite fighters without ever having put themselves at much risk. Same as boxing, fighters like Lewis weren't the best crowd pleasers, but their ability to systematically pick their opponents apart, most of which are elite athletes themselves is impressive to me. I appreciate the sport for what it is, I prefer a solid technical fighter more so than a slugger who has no other skill other than brawling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Pretty much. It's past the point of being pathetic too, it is quite comical.
Even funnier is that some will try to tell me what I meant.
Habs fans, the greatest...or the worst?..hmmm
Every fan base has its share. I don't see anything wrong with the thread. Their winning record that they have put together is exactly what I expected if they continued dominating their opposition.

Some will never be happy and they'll continue to want the coach fired ect. The job JM has done with this roster and their injuries is amazing to be honest. He had a roster with 4 dman with little to no NHL experience and had held the opposition to 5 shots through half a game. Not sure what else can be done here.

Be happy were winning and hope for the best. I don't think we're the favorites by any means, but if we keep outplaying the majority of teams. I don't see a reason why we can't be successful.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 11-17-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: merge
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote