View Single Post
Old
11-17-2011, 11:58 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Glad to see we won and looked rather convincing for two periods doing it. I'll give the 3rd a pass because it didn't bite us in the ass, but let's hope we learned not to try that again and to keep the peddle down for 60 minutes next time.

The only issue I have is the scoring once again. Our lone goal came from Richards. People note Brown was close a few times, but that's Brown. It's our core guys doing all of the scoring again. They should do the majority, but we need some offense from the 3rd/4th lines too. Outside of one game last week, where Fraser, Martinez and Greene all scored, we've had little/no offense from the lower lines. We have 0 goals in a combined 115 games from Willie Mitchell, Ethan Moreau, Dustin Penner, Trent Hunter, Brad Richardson, Kevin Westgarth, Trevor Lewis and Rob Scuderi. I don't expect much from these guys, but absolutely nothing is fast becoming a running joke. When you add in Jarrett Stoll, Matt Greene, Kyle Clifford each only have three combined goals in 54 total games, it's a huge problem. Essentially, we've had three goals total scored by 10 players (counting Hunter/Westgarth as one player). Half our line up has a goal-per-game output of .167. That's pretty pathetic.

I'm not trying to be a negative thinker here. Overall, we showed a lot of great things on Wednesday and we won. I'm very happy with the effort and overall result. Just thinking we need to get these depth guys going soon or we're in serious trouble. Like Sydor said, 14 of 18 games with two goals or fewer. That's not going to win cups.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote