View Single Post
Old
11-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I don't mean to be a debbie downer here guys but I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves here. The fact is that it seems that any team in the AHL could have beat Carolina tonight, they were just down right awful. They made us look like an all star team tonight.

I'm incredibly happy with the win and feel this will be a huge boost for the team going forward, but we didn't have to do much to beat the canes. They hardly covered anyone and never stuck with their man, their forecheck was next to nothing, and im pretty sure stall was literally crying in the 2nd intermission, Ray Ferraro said he seen him go into a room by himself and Paul Maurice went to check on him. They are likely the most down and out team in the league and we took full advantage of them.

Not to take anything away from our D they did their job with flying colours, but they weren't challenged really. The Canes made our inexperienced thin D look amazing tonight. Look for the islanders to give us more of a challenge.
When you are missing 6-7 regulars, no win is seen as an easy one. The fact that we won pretty easily is a big positive because of that. You don't want to get behind a couple goals on a struggling team because it gives them hope, by taking a lead early we kept them down.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote