View Single Post
Old
11-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Ok, so you claim you don't accept mediocrity, so what are you going to do about it? Aside from complaining on message boards, of course. You are free to cheer for another team. I hear the leafs are doing well this year. You are no more superior a fan as anyone else. We all enjoy winning and wish for the best for our team.

The only difference between "Accepting" or "Not Accepting" the results of the games is better mental health. I choose to accept reality, because not doing so is self deception and the definition of delusion.

Its not like we are trying to figure out an action plan here. Its just a normal discussion between fans. Equally its not because we expect more of our team that we start cheering for another one when things arent going well, but we do discuss expecting more with other fans.

If you are ecstatic or satisfied about your team's performance then good for you, there is nothing wrong with that, just like the next guy who thinks we can be better than we have been the past decade or so.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote