Old
11-17-2011, 09:35 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
i think it's accurate to say that CV has to get things stayed by the 25th, or allow the channels on Verizon / ATT at that time.

so far the 25th is when they must comply. they have 8 days to get some other court besides the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington to see things their way
Yeah I'll be honest with you, without seeing the actual court orders and documents concerning these appeals, I am not sure what is going on. As far as I can tell, if the case is currently being appealed, those channels won't be coming until the appeal is officially over.

EDIT: This really doesn't add up. I think one of those articles might be incorrect. You can't appeal the same case twice so if they already appealed it then there will be no subsequent appeal (you can appeal to the FCC and then if you lose appeal to the Federal Courts, but you can't appeal to one Circuit and then another). So it either never was appealed to begin with or is not being appealed now. But you can't appeal to one Circuit and lose then appeal to another Circuit. A little more clarification. You can appeal to the agency, then to the Federal Courts, lose, get sent back down, and appeal again to the federal court. But you can't appeal from the agency, then to the Federal Courts, then again to the same federal court. You'd have to be sent back down to the FCC first.

Last edited by DrinkFightFlyers: 11-17-2011 at 09:44 PM.
DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote