Thread: Proposal: Pronger to Blues
View Single Post
Old
11-17-2011, 09:43 PM
rban*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
3-4 years is on the pessimistic side of probable, given my expected development of the young future leaders of this club. You're absolutely right about Bryzgalov, who should single-handedly be responsible for a good 5-7 games. But it's not just, though largely is, sending Richards and Carter away, as well as playoff performer extraordinaire 2 seasons ago Leino and, to a lesser extent, Powe. I could even argue that the 3rd D pairing took a medium-sized step down with Lilja in place of O'Donnell.

Giroux has been outstanding, Jagr has shown flashes of his mulleted self, and the Flyers have played some good hockey. They also have shown anxiety-causing similarities in play with the past couple of years. The PP is better than last year, but they are still only at #11 with an 18.1% success rate. They continue to disappear for whole periods. And they are leaning heavily on a much younger line-up, and 2 top Dmen who are a year further into their 30s each. With the number of rookies on the current roster, some will invariably hit the wall.

I'm trying to be realistic about this roster's shot at the Cup, and I believe that the current forward talent needs 1-2 years of development to gel into something special, and firing on all cylinders. Take into account that the defensive corps will probably need some significant changes at that point, and the balance is precarious. So bump that another year or two to reload on D and, from where we stand at the moment, this is my best Nostradamus impersonation.
If u wanna Cup the future is dark. By the time the forwards nature and hit their peak, Prongs and Timo will be older and tail off.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote