View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I've been saying this for a long time. Gomez is not an offensive threat anymore despite his ability of gaining the offensive zone. His predictable play, weak shot and refusing to crash the net has made him an easy player to play against.

I sincerely thought he would turn things around after his horrible season, I predicted him to bounce back with a 60 pts season. I even took him in my fantasy team but looks like he's done to me.

With the same quality wingers, DD is much more dangerous and productive than Gomez. Same can probably be said for Eller but he has yet got the chance to play with two quality wingers. I don't even want Gomez on the center of the third line because I don't want him to take the spot of Eller and affect his development. So either Gomez plays as our 4th center or on the winger somewhere.
The sad thing is I'd probably take Noke over Gomez as a 4th center. Gomez is obviously the better offensive talent in that regard but I have enough confidence in Eller and Desharnais offensively that there's no point there - Nokelanian is better at faceoffs, is more physical, and is more useful on the penalty kill. He's been a great acquisition, maybe not as fundamentally sound as a Halpern, but he brings it every shift and is tricky to play against. He even brings a little of that mythical toughness, while Gomez is probably the overall softest forward on the team except for maybe Cammalleri.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote