View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 02:12 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBoFro View Post
No way Byfuglien and Luongo play on the same team, ever.

I think having Carter on our team would definitely open up some doors. It's not far fetched to think we couldn't get him. I'd rather have a player signed who can make an impact, at a reasonable cap hit, plus not on expiring contract where we don't hold any of the cards if we're to lose him to free agency.

That last part is based off the fact that he gels so well with the squad that there would be absolutely no reason to let him leave. Sort of the same deal with Carter. We add him at the deadline, or before it and I gaurantee we still have cap dollars left for Gleason to get on the team. This also goes back to the win now mentality. Would be become of our prospects waiting in the pipeline if we have long term contracts locked up in the top 6?

But that's something to worry about later in training camp...
Stop with that madness. There is no way the Hawks are going to add another long-term deal like Carter's. And if they do all I could do is

Also, why do the Hawks need to make a splash just because they have the cap space? They are currently #1 in the league and there is no apparent reason to go get something. Wait until at least the half-way mark of the season before looking at options. It should be much clearer which teams are sellers and buyers.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote