View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 09:06 AM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
yea you're right.....because when they signed him to his deal they knew right then and there that they were going to trade him because there were issues.....And because in the business of the NHL, players get traded all the time....and that because you sign a deal somewhere you have the 'right' to not be traded....

1. You don't want to be traded, don't go out boozing and causing a distraction
2. You don't want to be traded, try hitting the net
3. You don't want to be traded, try bringing something to the rink that makes it hard to trade you away
4. You don't want to be traded, don't play in the NHL.

This is a business. Everyone is in it to win it. Trades happen.

I lost no respect for the Flyers when they made that move, it took balls to do it. They felt it was better for the club to go in a different direction. Obviously something occured to bring that to light. If you think the club signed him to an 11 year deal with the immediate intention of shipping him out, you're ignorant.

Things happen, bounces don't always go your way. Thats hockey.

Edited to say that I also feel bad for him, but I don't blame the organization, how can you when you hear about all the stories, which are widely believed to be accurate?
The flyers had 7 years to evaluate carter up close and deemed him worth an 11 year commitment. 6 months later he's gone before the contract even kicks in.

The flyers should not have committed to a player if they weren't sure they wanted him around. Especially so when it's with a guy who had been extremely interested in sticking around, even so much so that he was flexible on his contract demands and left money on the table to stay.

That's bad business and a weasel move. It embarrassed me a little bit

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote