View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Unstable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
It's about the logo on the front of the jersey... not the name on the back.

Homer made a ballsy move that I think everyone can now agree will make us better in the long run... or at least it looks that way.

The players and the players' agents look out for the welfare of the individuals. Our GM's job is to look out for the welfare of the team... not Jeff Carter.

Homer got a good offer for him, saw that it wasn't working out w/ Carter, and he pulled the trigger.

It's as simple as that.

When Carter signed that long term deal, I'm sure he felt as though he was going to retire a Flyer. We definitely didn't live up to our end of the deal there.

BUT....

When Homer signed Carter to that long term deal, I'm sure he felt as though Carter was going to be a leader for the team and was going to put his priorities in order... especially during the crucial playoff games. But Carter definitely didn't live up to his end of the deal here... partying nights before games, providing no leadership, etc.

The key thing is that Carter violated Homer's trust before Homer violated Carter's. Carter being shipped out of town was a direct result of Carter's own actions. And if you honestly feel sorry for him, then maybe you care more about Carter than you do about the Flyers.

And btw, it's not like we traded Carter to some terrible team. If CBJ thought they were so bad, why would they trade so many young players for a C in his prime? They obviously thought they could win w/ Carter and I agree... they are 1-2 pieces away from being a playoff contender.
Yeah, a goalie and a coach...

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote