View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Well, it wasn't actually the EHT but the preliminary games before that but otherwise I agree with everything you said about Pulkkinen. The guy got shafted hard after a showing like that when Jalonen didn't take him to the final round before the actual games. Making the final squad would have been something else of course, but in my book he definitely earnt a couple of extra games. Especially when we think (in retrospect, but still) that useless good-for-nothings like Lahti (who was already invisible in those preliminary games) and Aaltonen made it.

I would love to see what Pulkkinen could do in a line next to Granlund and Immonen. Here's hoping he and MIG really tear it up at WJCs so that Jalonen would get some kind of initiative to try 'em out in men's games also. While he's not exactly as highly ranked prospect as the Stamp, he's still one of our better future hopes. It's easy to forget in all the shine Granlund creates that he alone can't make a team that's going to keep winning us games and titles in the future, but also needs good linesmates. But oh right, Selšnne will be going strong even at 50, so I guess we're set up for a long while after all...
Lahti was really banged up so it was no wonder he couldn't perform at his best. He had at least one surgery (shoulder) in the off-season. It's the Aaltonen selection that really irked practically everyone. Never before has a player been that good at taking the puck behind the opposition's goal on scoring chances...