View Single Post
Old
11-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Don Draper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon
he has hands, and he has far better hockey sense as well, hes still young and people wont start seing his offensive upside for about another year but i think he can be a 25g 35a guy in this league.
If he ever hit the net he could have a ton of goals, but can you really tell he has better hockey sense? Yes, he goes hard, skates hard, and goes to the net on occasion, but he also skates in circles, seems to mess up rushes and generally seems out of sync on occasion with schaef and havlat.

Rico, if you are going to judge him as a rookie, then Spezza is a rookie as well, since they were given the same chance under Martin. Vermette is 23, and has been playing at a professional level for 4 years if you count this season. I think he is getting better, but i dont think its asking alot to be expecting some solid numbers playing with the guys he is playing with. Someone might bring up the Bochenski debate since they are the same age, but their styles are different. Vermettes game is tailor made for the line he is on, so if he cant make it work with these guys, there will be some serious question marks about him.