View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
By watching. Both of us do; you see a "clearly gassed" player (Larsson) and one who incurred injury based on too many minutes. I see a rookie looking just fine and a vet star in his prime, being challenged by his coach to deliver more across the ice. Not just put in his computer-dictated 18 minutes, compile offensive stats and go home.

You specifically cited what other coaches do (don't do) with regard to alloting minutes.
Yes, we see it differently, but I`m not the one pushing the opponent in the corner by using specific words or phrases ("babying", "board doctors", "uber-soft and amusing", "horror" etc.).

As for Larsson, I`m not nearly (speakes volumes) the only one who say he regressed a bit. Btw. your rhetoric has changed - perfectly fine yesterday, just fine today - and that`s what I said. (Still) fine now, possibly worse in the future - hypothetical talk. No overreaction.

I`m not a stat junkie, minutes be damned, but that`s the way to say he played more than usual. And he really did. There are many factors going into it, I get it, but at the of the day, minutes count. When you have a chance to split the TOI (with Parise back), you do it and find a different ways to get more from your star winger. Why? Because if you don`t, you risk injuries. Can I say it with certainty? Of course not, but there`s a much higher possibility and that`s all I was trying to say.

Yes I did, but does that mean what you said? No. I used it only to show I`m not the only one who thinks this way, that even NHL coaches use the same approach. Every team is different, every player is different, every coach is different. There`s no doubt about that, but principles are shared, for a reason/rightfully so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
But again, it's not our differing takes on these players tcondition that is the issue. It's the mentality of how to handle players.

No need nor desire to put words in your mouth. For they already exist, which is why I referred to them.

Post #685, in your own words (emphasis added):

I'm not
Kovalchuk`s case? Pretty much, but not regarding Larsson. Our mentality (regarding Larsson) is similar if not the same right now. I was talking about the possible future, nothing more, nothing less.

You referred to them, but your interpretation was false.

We can say the case is closed.

Last edited by Getzo5: 11-18-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote