View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
So I'll be in LA next week, hitting the Kings game on Saturday against the Hawks. I'm curious how does the TEAM LA store work? It mentions that it closes 2 and half hours before game time, does this mean that you can only get into it from inside Staples or does it mean no merchandise is available closer to game time? In planning my whirlwind tour of LA, I noticed that the LA Auto Show is on and if I can hit the TEAM LA store before faceoff from inside Staples, I can hit the Auto Show without carrying around a bag.

Also, completely unrelated to LA Kings/Staples Centre. On Monday the 28th I have a ticket to see The Tonight Show and it tapes at 4 PM, so I assume it would be over by 5ish. Shaq is signing his book at Vroman's Book Store in Pasadena and I need to be there by 6:30. I am nuts thinking I can go from NBC Studios in Burbank to Vroman's in Pasadena in that time span?

1) Team LA closes to outside traffic 2 1/2 hours before the game but is accessible from inside Staples once the doors open I believe. I believe doors open 1 1/2 or 2 hours before the game.

2) It shouldn't take you more than an hour to get from Burbank to Pasadena. I wouldn't be surprised if traffic is pretty light that day as it is a Monday and after a holiday weekend. If you have a person you can ride the carpool lane. Not sure if there is one on the 134 or not??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorK View Post
I am going to be in Santa Monica for a week at Christmas and was hoping to take in the Kings game on Dec 26th.

What's the best way to buy tickets and not worry about getting fake ones (maybe my city is the only one that happens in?)? Stub hub? Or should I stick to the box office?

What's the best way to get to and from the game from Santa Monica?

And are there any areas around Staples Centre I shouldn't walk around after the game?

Thanks!
Stub Hub or eBay for tickets. You can check out some of the scalper sites like Barry's tickets. Sometimes they have good deals too.

10 freeway should be good as it is a Monday after a holiday.

The area around Staples is fine. If you go a mile or two east/west you get into some dicey areas if you were walking but you'd have no reason to walk in that direction that far. If you go north from Staples on Figueroa, Flower or Hope, you'll find a lot of nice restaurants and cool bars to check out. Just go on yelp if you are looking for something like that. There is always LA live too.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote