View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 04:52 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
You should check out LA's board and see what they think about Richards' questionable leadership skills. They love the way he's gathering the players around him before face offs and telling them where to go. He's running the PP and both he and Gags have been huge for them. In fact Gags made a comment that he's never been happier than he has been this season.
As I said... it was a rumor.

Since the day the trades were made, I've touted the fact that I think the Richie trade was a mistake... both in terms of the reasoning and the value we got.

If "leadership" was a reason Richards was seriously traded, we just should have given the "C" to Pronger and made Richie an "A". Nothing wrong w/ that IMO. Richards was the consummate Flyer... always gave 110%, was never afraid to get physical, incredibly responsible defensively, etc.

I really wish we had him back w/ this team. I think getting rid of Carter was an excellent move, due to his affinity to come up small in the playoffs and the fact that he seems injury prone. I also think he's easy to shut down when teams really need to (ie. the playoffs). And I think we got great return for Carter.

For Richards though? We got a guy that we HOPE will turn into Richards (Schenn... probably <40% chance he becomes Richards or better), a 3rd line winger (Simmonds), and a 2nd round pick. Just not enough value to give Richie up IMO.

I was (and still am) happy about the Carter trade but I think we got the short end of the Richie trade... as I said, how amazing would it be to have this lineup?

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Richards-Briere
Talbot-Read-Voracek
Harry Z-Couturier-Rinaldo

Pronger-Carle
Meszaros-Coburn
Timonen-Gustafsson

Bryzgalov-Bobrovsky

I think we'd be even better offensively, better on the PK, better defensively (in terms of forwards), and I think we'd be the favorites to come out of the East.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote