View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Summit72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronin View Post
HOF's about how valuable people were to the franchise. RJ never coached a game, never made a personnel decision- hes hardly a traditional HOF candidate.

anyway, I think a long hall of fame list- and having people like Crozier is a reminder that there are a lot of people are exceptionally valuable
to the franchise and would never get their dues outside of the arena. He's there precisely because he worked hard for the organization for 36 years and you had no idea. It pays respect to our own, and also the long hockey tradition in Buffalo.
RJ is absolutely a "traditional" HOF candidate. He was the best at what he did; announcing. Rip was the best equipment manager. They both deserve to be in the Sabres HOF.

Crozier never won a single playoff series. He had one of the worst winning percentages and shortest coaching tenures in team history.

I find it odd that there is no mention of what he actually did in the front office. Was he a scout? Was he an assistant GM? I did find that he was briefly a "Special Consultant" for Larry Quinn. Vague.

I am all for awarding service, but he does not belong in the Sabres HOF.

Summit72 is offline   Reply With Quote