View Single Post
Old
11-18-2011, 11:44 PM
overpass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Outsider View Post
Appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think there's much value in adding a summary for a few reasons:

1. Our extensive discussions are already documented. Somebody who dismisses Eddie Shore because he peaked in the 1930's is likely to do so whether they read a couple of sentences about him, or if they read a thousand-word essay.

2. I don't think it's fair or informative to summarize arguments that are often subtle and nuanced down to a couple of sentences.

3. Unfortunately, not everybody has enough time to do a full write-up of their reasoning. For example, some people may have voted Harvey second overall for reasons that weren't fully discussed in the voting threads. The only thing that TDMM/Overpass would have to work from is what's already in the discussion threads, which leads us back to my previous two points.

What do others think?
I'd rather not have one person speak for the group in that way, for the reasons you gave.

Maybe we need to improve on our discussions. Don't assume that everyone agrees on something, or that everyone knows about a certain point. Post it, and even if it doesn't start a discussion at least it's on the record.

overpass is offline   Reply With Quote