View Single Post
Old
11-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
But why do we have to have a bilingual coach? Bowman wasn't bilingual I think we should want the best coach for the job not one that speaks both french and english. I mean for example if Bowman was still coaching and JM was coaching and we needed a coach and both were available do we take JM cus he can speak french or Bowman because he is by far the best coach. I would say Bowman as the best candidate over JM.

The article is good and as others have said I think he may be refering to AK and to a lesser extent SK as he was the bigger headcase of the two.
Bowman's bilingual. And you could argue that back then that trait was actually important given the number of Francophones we had on the team.

But in today's NHL I agree. Take the best coach available regardless of language (as long as he can communicate with the players).

As for the article, read it last night. Enjoyable read. Gives you some insight into a seemingly very private man. He may be too rigid to a fault, but I admire his dedication and professionalism.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote