View Single Post
Old
11-19-2011, 02:42 PM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
I don't know if it will be different this year with Bryz, but I'm not sold on a defense that's built around a 37 yr old injury prone jackass winning anything substantial.
Captain Warmth just took a costly slashign penatly, Jets scored Jets up 3-0 in the 1st.

Quote:
They were both traded because of the salary CAP. They exchanged 2 expensive players and got 4 cheap players in return. Roster spots needed to be filled.

Lombardi was approached about Mike Richards long before the Carter trade went down.
Yes, Lombardi was approached 1 week after the season ended, mid may about Richards because Ed Snider directed Holmgren to trade him (Local radio sport talk host reported Snider said of Richards after Boston series over 'I want him gone!!!".
And gone he was to LA where HOmer wanted him to go. It had nothing to do with Salary Cap, they had other options if it was about money.

Carter went due to Salary Cap not Richards. That's Front Office spin, and kool aid that most Flyers fans well versed inthe Snider politics can attest to.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote