View Single Post
Old
11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just haven't seen some of my posts on the subject. I certainly am not a Bruce-hater. At times I probably have been in the past, but at this point I don't even know that I think he should be fired. I see and acknowledge the good and bad.

By "turnaround" I meant the basic transition from the team being terrible to being good. I think it was inevitable that the team would start winning games and probably at a pace that would qualify them for the playoffs over a full season. Bruce does deserve credit for the fact that they managed to make the playoffs, but framing the scenario in such dramatic terms -- that he took a team worthy of last place and molded it into a playoff team -- is unfair and gives him too much of it.

I am curious how much of a role he played in the breakout of players like Laich, Backstrom, and Green, beyond the obvious (giving them increased roles, letting Green rush more, etc.). Given his apparent tendency to get the most out of young players and get strong development from them, it is certainly possible that he deserves more credit for that than he might get. No one here really knows though.
He should be good with the younger players. He is a minor league coach. Great for early development. But not a leader of men.

Mr Gone is online now   Reply With Quote