View Single Post
Old
10-31-2003, 02:11 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Gotta disagree with you there, a rarity to be sure, Enoch.

1. Kolzig is a bit streaky at times, and right now he's playing horribly. Yes, he doesn't have much help, but he's been nowhere near the netminder he was last season. I like the goalie we have now. He's played spectacularly so far...*knock on wood* Everyone says Colorado needs a goalie. No...what we need is for our team to play with more intensity and not fall asleep between periods. And as much as I HATE Skoula and want him gone, I'd rather get a forward prospect for him.

2. Washington doesn't need a starter. They have the NHL's best goaltending prospect in Maxime Ouellet. He'll be called up after Kolzig is traded. Charpentier will provide capably as a backup. They also don't need a defenseman who's suspect defensively. Again, Washington already has that. Afinogenov doesn't really add anything to what they have in young players like Gordon or Sutherby.

3. Buffalo shouldn't be giving up Marty Biron when Ryan Miller doesn't look ready and Noronen played awful last year. Gonchar would look great feeding the puck to Drury and co. but it's not worth giving up the team's most reliable netminder.

I'm going to go hide now.