Sean Couturier
Carolina:Brian Boucher
CBJ:Marc Méthot
Edm:Sam Gagner
LAK:Éthan Moreau
Nashville:Francis Bouillon
Pitt: Paul Martin
Toronto: Dion Phaneuf
If Francis Bouillon isn't a Québécois regardless that he lived nearly his entire life here, we can start pretending Paul Statsny is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I do believe it has to do with standard of living, although I am too lazy to research it, I know Quebec taxes are crazy, and unemployment is traditionally higher in Quebec; Quebecers likely have a lower disposable income, although housing is still relatively inexpensive in Quebec.
Frankly, that's complete bull.

The cost of life in Québec is fairly competitive and it is actually easier to live here for the average median family than it is to an Ontario family. Rents are affordable and there are a ton of family oriented services offered to balance this extra taxing.

Unemployement is pretty much at its lowest point and is also currently lower than what is seen in Ontario (and in the States).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
I also think this is why the popularity of the notion of Quebec as it's own nation has dropped so massively. Old white people blaming everyone but themselves.
Québec being a nation is hardly arguable and is pretty much a sociological fact. Not even the most federalist in Québec would argue against that. What you mean is the idea of Québec being its own country, that definitely has lost some steam (although the "old white people", just for reference, have tradionally always been those most inclined to oppose the idea). No, country and nation aren't clear synonyms.

Last edited by Vineon: 11-19-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Vineon is offline   Reply With Quote