Old
11-20-2011, 02:45 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
I'm watching the scoresheet for the Chicago Express game so I'm not sure what happened. But Paul Dainton just went in for Allen York.

http://www.echl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=8929

Edit: York's back in now.

Edit 2: York ends the game with a win, 38 saves, 1.05 GAA and 97.4% save percentage. He was the 1st Star. The opposing goalie was Nashville's prospect Chet Pickard.
I was at the game, and can honestly say that York was standing on his head at several points throughout. He just had a beast mode game, that's all that really can be said about what he did.

And he was taken out briefly because I think he was having some type of equipment issue. Don't think his replacement even faced a shot when York was out.

As for Nashville's prospect, his numbers are deceptive.... he actually had an even worse night than you'd think. He only made ten saves on twelve shots, but at least four or five additional shots hit iron (including two consecutive dings on the power play before the Express finally scored), so really he was beat even more than his numbers would indicate. And the eventual game-winning goal was entirely his fault, as it came from a really bad puck playing decision he made behind the net and his slow reaction getting back in the crease following his practical gift to the Express.

Last edited by No Fun Shogun: 11-20-2011 at 02:52 AM.