View Single Post
Old
11-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Hipster Letestu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I was at the game, and can honestly say that York was standing on his head at several points throughout. He just had a beast mode game, that's all that really can be said about what he did.

And he was taken out briefly because I think he was having some type of equipment issue. Don't think his replacement even faced a shot when York was out.

As for Nashville's prospect, his numbers are deceptive.... he actually had an even worse night than you'd think. He only made ten saves on twelve shots, but at least four or five additional shots hit iron (including two consecutive dings on the power play before the Express finally scored), so really he was beat even more than his numbers would indicate. And the eventual game-winning goal was entirely his fault, as it came from a really bad puck playing decision he made behind the net and his slow reaction getting back in the crease following his practical gift to the Express.
Thank you for the perspective, stat sheets can indeed be deceptive. I was pretty mad when I saw York assigned to the ECHL but perhaps it was a good move. If he's there longer than a couple games I'm going to assume it's because Springfield wants to keep both Legace and Taylor while they are winning. Not sure how I feel about that versus York developing in the AHL.