View Single Post
Old
11-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
IDK, imo AMart is worth more than a run of the mill third liner....

AMart is relatively young, decent defensively and is a good offensive defensemen. I'm not sure Palmieri is a good enough return by himself.
AMart at this point in his career reminds me very much of Sydor. their games are very similar and there is just a slight difference between what they brought imo. Syd played a bit more physical than AMart does, although AMart seems to be playing more physical this season compared to last season. on the flip side AMart seems to have more offensive skill set and offensive minded than Sydor ever was his whole career. this is likely due to the evolution of the game itself.

this being said i have to agree that AMart is worth more than just a 'run of the mill third liner'. the kid has very good upside when it comes to his potential. until he went out of the lineup he seems to have hit his sophmore slump, but picked it up just before going out injured.

Sydor back in his day was traded for (from hockeydb.com):
1996-Feb-17 Traded from Los Angeles Kings with round 5 pick in the 1996 draft to Dallas Stars for Shane Churla and Doug Zmolek
2003-Jul-22 Traded from Dallas Stars to Columbus Blue Jackets for Mike Sillinger and round 2 pick in the 2004 draft
2004-Jan-27 Traded from Columbus Blue Jackets with round 4 pick in the 2004 draft (Mike Lundin) to Tampa Bay Lightning for Alexandr Svitov and round 3 pick in the 2004 draft (Dustin Boyd)
2006-Jul-02 Traded from Tampa Bay Lightning to Dallas Stars for round 4 pick in the 2008 draft
2008-Nov-16 Traded from Pittsburgh Penguins to Dallas Stars for Philippe Boucher

Sydor essentially was worth a player & a 2nd-4th rounder, each time he was traded. AMart is easily worth this type of value, especially in this day and age. teams covet PMD's and ones that play a smart/sound game, all of which AMart has shown and will only improve upon.