View Single Post
Old
11-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
i see more of a reaction in post like this. they've been winning despite AA, Dubinsky, and Boyle for that matter adding little to nothing offensively.

I'm all for player development and giving our guys a shot, but AA and Duby starting the season with 1g in 17g is pretty disheartening.
It's not like they're driving to the net, hitting posts, getting stoned, etc.

Don't get me wrong they've played okay so far, overall they've got to start adding offense consistently. For the record i'm not advocating for any player in particular. Nash isn't that much of an upgrade and i'll doubt CB will move him. They paid him all that cash just so he would stay.

I'm not sure who will be available, but if AA, Duby, even Boyle for that matter get break out we've got to make a move now, while they're still commodities. We lost Prucha for peanuts because we didn't move him when we should have.

I'm not saying make a desperate move. But if we can swing a deal for a top 3 scorer, i'd move one of AA or Boyle.
I don't think a drunkard would trade you a top 3 scorer for Brian Boyle and a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. Don't get me wrong, BB is a great 4th line center, but if you ask me he has no place on a second line.

Anisimov is presently under preforming on a massive level. He's keeping his defense up, and found some jump with D-Step. I'm content to keep with the guys we have.

Dubi and Artie haven't found the back of the net. It's strange. But their passing and defense has been world class. I've said it before, Dubi and Cally may make the best penalty killing forward tandem in the league. You remember Callahan owning the puck for 20 seconds under heavy pressure before his pass to Eminger? That doesn't happen if he hasn't played with Dubinsky for years.

I like our guys. I like our team. Personally, I wouldn't make a move except for gross overpayment.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote