View Single Post
Old
11-21-2005, 12:48 AM
no name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
It is difficult to justify his $4.9M contract when he performs like any other role player, only with more of a personality. It is scary how the Kings have been on a roll without much contribution from the second scoring unit (save for Cammalleri). The checking line of Cowan-Belanger-Avery creates more scoring chances than JR's line. Derek Armstrong would prove to be more of an offensive spark plug once he returns. It is a shame to see how JR's skills have deteriorated.

The problem I have with JR's play isn't that he isn't finding his way on the score sheet, but he can't even create any scoring opportunities and often mishandles the puck or attempts and errant pass that leads to a turnover.

If his lack of contributions continue, I think a few days off will do him good. Look at how Luc responded after Andy Murray sat him down for two straight games. It woke Luc up. Perhaps it will have the same effect on JR.

Good post. I never disliked the guy but for 4.9 Mill per year you have to have some sort of production. Unfortunately he is just a role player who puts people in the stands.