View Single Post
Old
11-20-2011, 09:49 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
are you watching the games? i see the points and the strong play.
i expect more than 1g in 17g from our top six forwards esp. ones that
are championed with high potential in their 5th and 3rd seasons.

but hey, as long as they made the big club and wear rangers sweaters who give a flip.
I completely agree that they need to score more goals, but I don't think it's time to start a trade thread just yet, especially for two of the better players on the club; also, it's not as if they aren't providing anything. Both of them have had good seasons thus far, aside from their goal scoring. I'm more disappointed with Dubinsky than Anisimov, personally, because Dubinsky is much more important to the offense than Anisimov is, IMO. Anisimov is making $1.85M. Dubinsky makes $4.2M. Based on production/salary ratio, Anisimov has had a good start, especially when you add in his defensive capabilities. With Dubinsky...he's been solid, but he's been spotty. Some games he's looked great, some he's been completely invisible; and while I've come to expect that, you gotta step it up with the type of contract he got this season. 1 goal in 17 games for a forward being paid $4.2M is unacceptable.

That being said, they'll pick it up, IMO. Both are very streaky offensive players, and that's to be expected; by anyone with realistic expectations, of course (not singling anyone out here, just saying that anyone expecting 65-70 points from either of these players were going to be disappointed from the start). That's why they're second line players, and not first lines. they lack offensive consistency. They'll probably both end up in the 50 point range, and with the other elements they bring to the table, that's fine.