View Single Post
Old
11-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Souvenirs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I'd give the Chara talk a rest. Yes, he deserved a suspension, and yes, he benefited from the pre-Shanahan see-no-evil mentality of Campbell.

But no, I don't believe he intended to do that degree of harm. Chara, for all his lumbering dumb moves, isn't known as a serial dirty player. He called Pacioretty and apologized for his actions, and he's been noticeably cleaner in his play along the boards since. From my perspective, the guy got away with one, but at least learned from his mistake.

A guy like Lucic, on the other hand, is a head-shakingly dumb slug. Until he grows up and stops being enabled by the drooling fans who worship that type of tantrum-toughness, he's a much more worthy target to direct your hate.
Chara was after Pacioretty because he lightly pushed him in an OT win two games prior. In Boston, he slashed him a couple times, then the next game at the Bell Centre he does that, once his team is down 4-0 and with a couple of seconds left in the second period. There's no doubt in my mind that with the loss being certain, he thought it was the perfect time to goon it up and take his revenge, because he DOES act like a gigantic ape who loses his temper at times (on Pleky in the playoffs, at the end of the game 1 win I think). Did he know he would and intended to break his neck and send him in the hospital? Unlikely, but he did intent to injure Pacioretty to ''send a message'' since his team was getting blown out.

I also don't buy the ''he was classy about it'' bit. Right away he pretended that Pacioretty jumped into the stanchion, then pretended he didn't know where he was on the ice. He never accepted any responsibility for it. Coupled with the lack of suspension, the ovation in Boston and Recchi's ******* comments calling into question the integrity of our team and our medical staff, there's nothing about the Chara-Pacioretty hit that doesn't make me bitter.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote