Kramer - Smith - Neil
Hoffman/Grant

Cowen - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Rundblad
Phillips - Wiercioch
Gryba

Lehner
Anderson

What happens with Foligno, Filatov, Puempel, Prince, Petersson, Pageau, Condra...? no idea

I could see another top-6 forward being acquired with draft/trade/UFA

So many possibilities for the Sens going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
Let's say, hopefully and hypothetically, the sens are back in playoff contention by the 13-14.
lol, why 2 years from now? They might be in playoffs contention as soon as this year. At least they are so far, after 1/4 of the season.

Quote:
I think that ottawa should trade Gonchar, Lee and Konopka to Florida, Phoenix, Toronto or Dallas for a first, and count on a collapse this year, resulting in us being a able to draft a great D-man, like Murray, Rielle or Dumba.
The chances of this to happen are what? 0.01%? Which NHL team can take 3 NHL contracts just like that without giving one back?

Quote:
Then I think the plan is to sign a big-time winger for Spezza to pass to, so he can have a Heatley-like scorer on his line. I like Paul Stastny, but he won't be free until the 14-15 season, and I doubt the Avs don't sign him. Vanek and Perry both have contracts that expire then, but I think their teams sign them then also. Semin's and Parise's expire this year. Less star-like possibilities are Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri, Patrice Bergeron, Callahan, Lupul, Hartnell, Pavelski, Horton or Zajac. Of course, there's always Crosby and Malkin who's contracts expire soon
Big time winger are not really available on the UFA market anymore...
And what's wrong with Michalek?
Paul Stastny is a center
Gomez?
Ok I could go on but who cares?

Parise would be great though... But our only chance is if Parise choose the Sens himself.

Quote:
So, looking at Ottawa's prospects, I want to see:

New winger-Spezza-Stone
Puempel-Zibanejad-Noesen
Top two lines. There is no couting Michalek out, because I bet he'll still be here.

Then, there is:
Silfverberg-Da Costa-Michalek
Foligno-Pageau/Regin-Petersson

That's pretty good. We have some solid talent not even counting those guys, like Shane Prince, Culek, Kramer etc.
Culek and Kramer are not among our best prospects and if they make it to the NHL, it won't be in a scoring role...

Your 4th line is too soft for a 4th line

Quote:
On the defensive front,
Karlsson-Draftee
Rundblad-Cowen
Kuba-Phillips, if he's still here.

And of course, Lehner between the pipes.
Cowen plays Left side, Karlsson plays Right side, Rundblad is more confortable on the Right side too. Phillips plays Left side and Kuba will likely be gone after this season. There's a guy name Borowiecki who might be there though

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote