View Single Post
Old
11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
ApeZilla

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ApeZilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I would actually say it was nowhere near a no-brainer. To me, Carter sounds better than Voracek + 8th overall, at least on paper. I may be biased, because Carter was my favourite player on the team, but he produced, Voracek was decent, but not spectacular in Columbus, and there have been so many flops with high picks that it's almost a crapshoot anyway. All that being said, from day one I backed Holmgren's decision, because I just don't think we would have ever won the cup with Richards and Carter with the team. It's a gut feeling, of course, but I would do both of the trades all over again, even if the guys we got hadn't turned out as well as they have thus far.

Same.

While Couturier is a pleasant surprise, we have barely seen Schenn - that kind of balances out.

And we're leading our Conference in points, and goals scored btw. Just to remind any naysayers of this trade, offensive production was the biggest issue all of you had from day 1 of this trade.

While the defense hasn't been amazing, we've given up 15 goals in two games to the Winnipeg Jets which crap all over out stats and make them look much worse than the rest of the league.

On an ethical basis however, I will agree that Richards and Carter got jobbed, especially Carter - though if Columbus panned out like some predicted it wouldn't look so terrible.

We would never receive a better return for Cater+Richards, and they had NTCs after this season. Snider was never going to let Holmgren completely rebuild this team around them and he blew it up the fastest/easiest way foreseeable with a good return.

ApeZilla is offline   Reply With Quote