Thread: Pre-Game Talk: 2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
11-21-2011, 01:09 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
^^ Yep, just seems likely that BPA will be a D.

But i still really love the way Zemgus Girgensons plays, seen him ranked top 10 to low 20s, so there's definitely differing opinions. I feel he plays the right way - physical, good hands/shot, has a non-stop motor, reliable at both ends of the ice and is a leader with an unquestionable work ethic. Is a natural center, but is said to play wing just as well. The quotes on this guy from his coach are just what Gillis looks for:

Is that not the kind of guy this team needs? Despite not speaking great english, he was made Captain after one year in the USHL. He is a very loyal guy if you read his comments about possibly moving to the Dub.

And how could you not like this:

Only difference is skating. I don't see anything wrong with Girgensons' skating, its not on Kesler's level. But playing style is similar for sure.

Another guy similar to ZG is Jarrod Maidens, who has been rising up the lists in the past 2 months. Heres an HF article for those interested: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...d_with_effort/
Girgensons is the forward I want if we cant get one of the high end two-way defensman (Ceci, Reilly, Reinhart), but I've already resigned that we wont be able to get him.

I think he ends up with a Zibanejad-esque rise into the 7-12 zone. Definitely a player who embodies what a Canucks forward "should" be.