View Single Post
Old
11-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Tim Wallach

vCash: 500
This kid's stock is going one way - up. I have watched every single game he has played this year and he is improving in leaps and bounds. For a 17-year-old kid on a new continent, he has adjusted remarkably quickly.

He's average size and needs some upper body strength, but he doesn't shy away from the rough stuff at all. He stands his ground and will definitely take a hit to make a play. Above average skater and playmaker, with a very quick release on his shot. One of those very quick and accurate wristers with some velocity.

He has excellent hockey sense and battles on draws. He's definitely better at centre than wing in my opinion. But he is playing for a team that is devoid of offensive forwards and he's still managing to put up impressive numbers. His learning/improvement curve is well ahead of Rieder's at the same age and he has leapt well past Marcantuoni in draft stock. He is much craftier and has more tools at his disposal than Matia, who relies primarily on speed and power but hasn't refined his game at all.

Comparisons are tough, but if I'm looking for an NHL comparable, I'd say Tomas Plekanec. Faksa is an intriguing prospect.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote