View Single Post
Old
11-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Agree with others that health is our number-one need at the moment. With health comes a vastly-improved defense, and with that improved defense comes an improved offense on the breakouts and PP.

Now, I'm impressed with the job our young d-men have done in lieu of our regular guys. Diaz and Weber have saved the day by playing much smarter than their experience would've suggested. Emelin is improving and showing flashes of that potential that had us hot and bothered three months ago. Gorges appears fully recovered and very sharp. That said, we're still an erratic offensive team in dire need of an accurate shot or pass from the point. That's where a fully-recovered Markov, Spacek and Campoli will help.

So that's my take on our current roster and how to max-out what we already have: GET HEALTHY. As far as what we DON'T currently have, a realistic upgrade would be a strong 3rd or 4th line forward. Sure, if I'm dreaming I'll imagine getting a first-line scoring machine at center, but that won't happen. Realistically, I can foresee a trade involving (but not limited to) one of our defensemen for a decent forward from a team in need of help on D -- Columbus, Dallas, etc. And no, don't even think of getting Carter.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote