View Single Post
Old
10-31-2003, 10:38 PM
Habsolution

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
I totally agree... although I've never found Rivet to be very consistant. He plays like 2 great games then 3 horrible ones. Some games, you think he could be a Keith Carney... but then he plays a streak of games where you think he's Murray Baron.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing him moved along with Perreault for a more consistant, physical, stay-at-home RD. I may be dreaming though.
So far you're the one making the most sense about Rivet IMO. Rivet can be really good at times. But like you said he's inconsistent.

On the other hand he's in a position where it's hard for him to succeed. He should be getting 4th dman ice time and he's getting 22min+ a night.

I think he's useful but still overpaid.

But if you want to do a Carter-Rivet one on one. There's no way the habs don't jump on this one IMO. Carter might be exactly what we're missing. The problem would be that we would have to give more ice time to Breezer (who's currently getting 5th dman ice time). But I think Brisebois could handle a little bit more until Komisarek is ready.