Thread: Jurco
View Single Post
Old
11-21-2011, 06:15 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
yeah, I follow Detroit's drafting because they usually find stars in the late rounds...

But when they picked Jurco, I did a quick search and was like, "Geez, I hope they didn't pick this kid because of that circus act..."

Turns out the kid has all the tools, size and mental toughness/determination to become a star. He's the real deal.

Not sure how HF writers ranked this kid 7.5 D, he should be 8.5 A++ to 9.0, at the very least.
From HF's website:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections/

9.0 = Ilya Kovalchuk, Joe Thornton, Eric Staal level player
8.0 = Patrick Marleau, Jason Spezza, Mike Richards level player
A = All but guaranteed to reach potential - 100 percent metaphysical certitude that the player will play up to his abilities as noted by his potential rating

And 8.5 to 9.0 A would be a player who is an absolute, stone cold lock to become a franchise player, and that CLEARLY does not describe Jurco. I do think with how he's looked this year that he could be upgraded from a 7.5D to maybe a 7.5C or 8.0C, but he's nowhere close to what you're suggesting. At the absolute best he's the 2nd best prospect on his team (behind Huberdeau), though I think most would put him behind Philips and Beaulieu as well. Are all of these guys like 9.0 A to 9.5 As then?

Also, from the way you've written your post I'm guessing you haven't watched a single Sea Dogs game ever.

ponder is online now   Reply With Quote