View Single Post
Old
11-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias For President View Post
Are there any cheap places to eat in the Staples/LA Live area? From what I have seen of the menus in LA Live, the prices are out of sight although I am tempted to try the games in the ESPNZone.
They are all over.. what are you looking for? Fast food? Cheap sit downs?

There is a car wash on Olympic across the street from LA Live that has great mexican food. Don't believe me? Look it up on yelp.

Big Wangs (sports bar/wings place) has 50% off appetizers during happy hour. I believe that is M-F only though. There are lots of great happy hours in downtown LA.

There are Denny's and IHOP or the Pantry for breakfast food. Carls Jr's (fast food) sell pitchers of beer for like $6 to go along with your combo meal.

When you look on Yelp, try looking for things on Figueroa, Flower and Hope because you can take the "F" DASH (bus) up and down Fig/Flower for $0.50 a ride. It will save you some walking or driving and re-parking. Panini Cafe and Big Wangs are close enough to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
Not really. But if you're willing to walk a block or two, you'll have a lot more choices.
My friends and I ended up here before a game last season. Decent food & prices - 2 blocks from Staples:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/panini-cafe-los-angeles
This is a great suggestion. You can get a very filling and delicious meal there for ~$10.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote