View Single Post
Old
11-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil
In the most recent edition of The Hockey News there is an article form the editors suggesting that the Hall of Fame should induct more past Russian players. I agree only Tretiak and Kharlamov are in. I'd like to see Yakushev and at least Makarov in there too. So I have no argument there.

But in a paragraph it mentions that the Hall wont induct Russian player but rather sub-par stars like "Bob Pulford, Clark Gilles, Bernie Federko, Bill Barber and Guy Lapointe."

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Who's name is grossly out of place on that list? To me its Lapointe. Pulford and Gilles shouldnt be in there I agree. Federko, Hmm, I dont really know about that one. Barber I personally have no problem with being a Hall of Famer. He scored 40 goals or more 5 times, his high of 50. 420 goals in his career over 12 seasons and three post season all-star berths, not to mention two Cups.

Now to Lapointe. I have never heard anyone suggest anywhere that he isnt Hall of Fame worthy. How about this. 6 Cups, three post season all-star berths, twice over 70 points, mentioned as one of the big three on the Habs of the 70s, to me he's a legit HOFer and I've never heard any different. Anyone disagree? Its the first I ever heard of it.

I think the HOF should lean towards more NHLers. Russians could have their own HOF since they played most their hockey there