View Single Post
Old
11-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
well...that's for the best...in the spirit of sportsmanship the game couldn't go on

not to be disrespectful, but in a discussion of the start of this game, i have to give suter,hall,upshall, and johnson credit on that goal.. excellent play by all 4, i really do think upshall tipped that puck after johnson hit it.. but whether he did or not, he made the play possible with the pass back out from behind the net, then suter with a great point shot, just like you want, thru traffic, low on the ice to generate a rebound, with hall, johnson, and upshall all crashing the net.. was a fine hardworking goal

predator speed advantage was obvious, generating that shot by kariya off the pipe on the backhand and another good breakin by erat/kariya/legwand.. preds dodged a couple of bullets with some backline turnovers, especially that one that was intercepted on suter's pass attempt.. vokoun looked solid position wise on all the shots, and preds had done a good job of preventing traffic to let him see them..no real good scoring chances for the wings yet, i figure we had three real good ones...the goal, the pass thru the goalmouth from sullivan on the pp that hall couldn't get a stick on, and the kariya one off the pipe

we were again losing too many defensive zone faceoffs, for the second game in a row... 4 of the wings shots came as the result of lost faceoffs in our own zone, something we have to get back to doing well... we were only 1 for 5 in our defensive zone on draws when they stopped the game, unacceptable.

this was going to be a great game... but of course, it all is unimportant in a measurement against jerri fischer being ok