View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 01:53 AM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Look, basically what I'm saying that you won't pick up on here is that there is sometimes a wide discrepancy between "talent" and "actual results". No doubt in my mind that Perreault was more talented than Alfredsson. but that's not how I judge players.
I agree, it isn't solely how I judge players either, it is part of the entire package that most of us on this site use to judge how great a player was overall. Stats only tell part of the story. Denis Maruk would be better than John Tonelli if we never saw either of them play the game.

I am just saying that Perreault beats Alfredsson on the stat sheet and he beats him, not for his style, but how he performed on the ice when you watch it with your own eyes.

Quote:
To answer those three things, Perreault was more pleasing to the eye and more explosive, and Alfredsson appears to have made more of an impact on the ice. The latter outweighs the former.
Okay, that's your opinion then. I am pretty sure you are alone on this one though. You sure haven't gotten any support for Alfredsson > Perreault

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote