View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Anyways, Brian Lee has his fans and he has his detractors. I've never seen any one player do so little and actually play poorly and have so many fans back him up as a good player.

But anyways like I've always said 'i would love B. Lee to turn into Jordan Leopold (like he was supposed to when we drafted him) or now that he's changed his game into a Ladislav Smid, that would be amazing for our team"...I just don;t see either of those things happening at a top 6 NHL level.

When Brian Lee is playing for another team and we see Spezza come in on him with speed, I think we will all see him objectively for what he is when he isn't wearing a Sens jersey, and we'll all be thankful he is someone elses project
He hasn't played poorly though, he's just the epitome of the "invisible Dman". He's one of the most useless Dmen in the league from the offensive blue line and in. But he's good in his own end from a depth defensemen standard and he outlets the puck quick, efficiently and very consistently.

He's been a top 6 NHL Dman for about a year now. The reason fans go out of their way to praise him, is because he gets so much flack from others. At the end of the day, the detraction and the praise negates itself and all you have is a decent bottom pairing Dman that can play every night. The one caveat is, he does nothing very well and you're always going to want even your depth players bringing something noteworthy to the table. Lee doesn't, and that's why I don't think he's here beyond this year.

A team like Edmonton, who has 4-5 healthy NHL Dmen could use a guy like this. Brian Lee may be a bit of a journeyman in his career, but I expect he'll play in the league for a while because every team is apt to injuries on defense and Brian Lee can play NHL defense.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote