View Single Post
Old
11-01-2003, 05:56 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
A lot of those shots were not quality shots, but he played very well. Great move on the goal. Nobody expected that.

Is it just me or does he look slow out there? I guess he has a deceptive stride.

I was really impressed in the first period. 20 shots has to be a long time high in shots for one period. Also the crowd while small, was pretty vocal. Last 1:30 of the game we were all standing and cheering. Good moment for the Caps. Makes me feel a little better.
quality shots?
1. one was a rebound at the doorstep, one was from the slot on the pp, one a loose puck in the slot, one was the goal, one was the two on one with Jagr, one of his 3rd period shots was on the doorstep. That's 6 and doesn't count the shot at the far top corner that he missed high.
I think 10 shots on goal when it taken some of our best players 6 games to get that many, quality or not is impessive.
when he flashed thru the entire thrashers pk squad he didn't look slow at all. what i also noticed was no hesitation what so ever. I have read where Bondra has told him not to think twice. Shoot the puck. Bondra was passing up chances to pass him the puck. I could see where that line could be dangerous every night.