View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Disagree with that. Rundblad is the better player but fact of the matter is expierence is keeping Lee in the lineup along with a very defined roll. I don't think there is any doubt who the better player is right now (Rundblad) but Lee knows how to play the NHL game and MacLean has made it very clear what his job is out there.

Like I said before, those 2 will rotate in and out all year long unless Lee is traded, in which case it will be Carkner and Rundblad coming in and out.
A little contradiction I think.

If Rundblad was the better player he would be playing. You use one set of standards for Rundblad, another for Filatov. Why is that?

MacLean would dress Rundblad IF he could do what Lee is doing, it is that simple. Reality is, Rundblad's defensive play is keeping him out and his offence isn't enough to get him regular minutes. Of course Rundblad will get more games, but if the Sens keep themselves close to the top eight in the East and he doesn't show marked improvement, his games will all but disappear.

I am not suggesting Rundblad doesn't have a world of potential, but like Filatov, potential only buys so much.

I am starting to think the only reason Rundblad hasn't been sent to the AHL is he will use the clause in his contract that allows him to go back to Sweden.

PS exactly when did you hear MacLean state exactly what Lee's job is out there???

Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 11-22-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote