View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 01:00 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
.......to say that he isn't a top four dman is a bit silly, but his shortcomings are still the same as they were when he was a rookie with the Sens. It's a little frustrating to see him take himself out of position so often. It would be nice if his shot was a bit more accurate as well, but that's not my main problem with him. And no, he wasn't our best defenseman last season.
Quantify a bit? Everything that follows that initial statement pretty much supports the argument that at best he's an overpaid 5th D man until he steps it up and is more consistent especially when Pronger and Timonen and even Coburn are out since they all log big minutes. Again..maybe he will but if he doesn't I think the Flyers should look to move him and leverage some of that salary along with Carle's. That's all I'm saying. Has nothing to do with me not thinking he's an adequate D man it's just that you can get similar avg talent (if it continues) for less money.

I just want to see him take more of a leadership role back there on the D corps instead of just look like one of the crowd or a 5th D man. I especially wish he did more on the PP and honed his shot so that it's on net at least. With Carle we know we aren't getting any of that so he def needs to be upgraded since we need more production from the point. We can't rely on Pronger to do it all and teams adjust their PK scheme when you suck at generating shots from the point.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote