View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Again... good post

I just wanted to pipe in and say for the majority of 15 years, the Canadiens had problems scoring.

I remember in 1996, we had a bunch of passers and no shooters... I dont think we ever really recovered since.

We go nuts over a 30 goal guy. Imagine if we could actually have someone pop 40 goals for us again

This is what the whole issue is though. We add a bunch of talent, and they all consistently dwindle their PPG stats (as much as 0.3 PG!)

Our Defence is good, our goaltending is awesome. The forwards leave much more to be desired however. It's their responsibility to put the puck in the net.

Our lack of offensive drive, is the reason we couldnt escape our fate against Boston OR Philly in the playoffs the past 2 yeaars.
It's really sad to say that a huge portion of our fans don't know what it's like to see a top scorer wearing a Montreal Canadiens jersey. A lot of folks don't know (or don't remember) what it's like to have a true superstar scorer. Guys like Plekanec (a good but not great player) get hyped up because he's the best we've got.

Right now we're hoping that Max becomes the next big guy for us and I hope it comes true. But how much better would he be and how much better would it be for his development if we actually had a true number one center for him? Imagine if the guy actually had a superstar to play with. It would make a huge difference for us. But we don't have this and it makes it harder for our younger players to develop.

It's great that we have top flight goaltending and our defense has been pretty decent most of the time, but we've neglected scoring and size up front. And it's really too bad because top forwards make a huge difference.

Not having one has killed us for years.