View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It's really sad to say that a huge portion of our fans don't know what it's like to see a top scorer wearing a Montreal Canadiens jersey. A lot of folks don't know (or don't remember) what it's like to have a true superstar scorer. Guys like Plekanec (a good but not great player) get hyped up because he's the best we've got.

Right now we're hoping that Max becomes the next big guy for us and I hope it comes true. But how much better would he be and how much better would it be for his development if we actually had a true number one center for him? Imagine if the guy actually had a superstar to play with. It would make a huge difference for us. But we don't have this and it makes it harder for our younger players to develop.

It's great that we have top flight goaltending and our defense has been pretty decent most of the time, but we've neglected scoring and size up front. And it's really too bad because top forwards make a huge difference.

Not having one has killed us for years.

Boston
Colorado
Dallas
Florida
Minnesota
Nashville
NYI
Phoenix
St. Louis
Winnipeg
Calgary
Carolina
Edmonton
Ottawa
Philadelphia
Toronto
Buffalo
New Jersey

All of these team don't have a superstar caliber player. Thats more than half the league. When you say superstar I think of Crosby Malkin Stamkos Ovechkin Datsyuk and the Sedins. If you mean guys like Bobby Ryan then I see your point. But if you want any of the guys I just mentioned then good luck with that. It would be a joke to just expect Montreal to trade away half of their team for a guy like Stamkos. We need to find a diamond in the rough in the draft to get an elite superstar and the odds are less than 1% after the first round. Be realistic here. We all want a superstar, but if we had to trade subban pleks and cammy for one superstar I would say forget it and want out depth instead.